Martindale – Metrohm E3640 4kV Flash Tester
£2,142.40 exc VAT / £2,570.88 inc VAT
Metrohm E3640 4kV Flash Tester
The Metrohm E3640 is a 4kV AC flash tester, capable of operating from either a 115V or 230V supply, at 50 or 60Hz. The unit’s manufactured in a robust carry case making it fully transportable and ideal for industrial and workshop environments. The variable flash voltage can set to 2.5kV for low voltage switch gear and control assembly testing.
The Twin 3 1/2 digit LCD displays show both output voltage and leakage current. Clear instructions are displayed within the lid of the tester making connection and measurement straightforward every time.
Applications include electrical safety testing of power tools following service & repair or hire. The E3640 usable by panel and switchgear manufacturers to ensure the integrity of electrical insulation.
There are three modes of operation:
- Trip: indicates a pre-determined current’s exceeded
- Breakdown: fast transients trigger the tripp
- Burn: the trip function’s by-passed and the fault current flows continuously to expose the fault
- Test failure’s indicated by audible and visual alarms.
The Metrohm E3640 flash tester’s supplied with flash gun, earth lead, mains power lead and instruction manual.
- 115 / 230V +/- 15%, 50/60Hz, 40VA
- 230V: 5 x 20mm 0.25A, HBC, Type F
- 115V: 5 x 20mm 0.5A, HBC, Type F
Output Voltage Range
- 0 – 2.2, 0 – 4.2kV 50 / 60Hz AC
- Accuracy: +/- 2% of reading +/- 1 digit
- 0 – 5mA (nominal), 50 / 60Hz in 10µA steps
- Accuracy: +/- 2% reading, +/- 1 digit
Trip Level Range
- 0 to 3mA 50 / 60Hz
- Setting Accuracy: +/- 5% of full range
Trip Response Leakage
- Will trip for fault duration >5mS but not for <100µS
- Will trip for fast transients of 30µS and above
- Complies with: EMC to BS EN 50081-1 & BS EN 50082-2
- Safety & Flash Test: BS EN 61010-1
- Dimensions: 330 x 263 x 144mm
- Weight: 4kg approx
- Supplied with flash gun, earth lead, mains power lead & instruction manual