Terms & Conditions
A Message from Steve Turnbull the Managing Director of Testermans UK:
Our aim at Testermans is very simple; To supply our Customers with what they want at a price they want with a service that they deserve – simple, straight forward and with no hassle.
I am aware that our competitors are monitoring our on-line prices daily and are always attempting new ways of beating our prices, offers and our service but I am adamant that at Testermans we will always strive to give you the best possible value for money at all times.
If you ever see any product that we offer at the same or a lower price than ours then you only have to speak to one of our sales advisors and we will endeavour to beat any other offer that is being advertised on the internet in the UK which could ultimately save you a lot of money.
Our friendly sales advisors will always treat you with respect and deal with any enquiry promptly and efficiently so that you are 100% pleased and satisfied with our products and services. However, should you ever have any concerns about any aspect of our business you are always welcome to contact me directly and I will attend to any concerns personally.
Please take the time to browse through our products and services, if you can’t find what you are looking for simply give us a call on 01945 738 112 and speak to a member of staff who will be only too willing to assist you.
I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of your business and a long and pleasurable trading relationship.
Testermans’ Terms and Conditions of Sale
You – The customer, company or person that is purchasing goods and/or services from Testermans.
Testermans, us or we – Testermans, (known as Testermans-UK on Ebay).
Website – www.testermans.co.uk
Our aim is to offer quality and value for all the products and services that we sell.
The pricing on the website may vary from time to time and Testermans reserve the right to change these without notice.
The prices of products advertised for sale are set out on the website, errors and omissions excepted. All prices are in pounds (£’s) sterling, exclusive of VAT at the current UK rates, and excludes delivery charges.
Where applicable, delivery charges will be clearly set out when you place your order and will be added to the total amount due when you select the shopping cart. Generally, delivery is free for all orders over £100.00 (exclusive of VAT). For orders below £100.00 (exclusive of VAT) a £5.00 delivery charge will be added. The delivery charges displayed are valid and effective only in Mainland United Kingdom.
We endeavour to dispatch orders received before 2pm on the day during opening hours Monday to Friday. Orders placed after 2pm will be dispatched the next working day. Orders will either be sent on a next working day basis by courier or by first or second-class post. Please allow at least 5 working days for second class post. These expected delivery times may change if any items ordered are out of stock or being sent direct from the manufacturer to you.
We will always strive to complete a delivery of an order within 30 working days* of the order being placed. If this is not possible you will be contacted with the option of waiting for the order to be completed, offered an alternative item/s or a refund.
NOTE *Royal Mail have stated that International Orders could be delayed up to a month depending on the equipment ordered. This is a process outside of our control. Please contact us if you have any concerns about your delivery.
Postage and packaging charges may differ for items placed through our Ebay shop. Please note; orders placed after 2pm on our website, Ebay, Amazon or via the phone will not be dispatched until the following working day. Occasionally, customers ask for an urgent delivery and where possible we will try to meet your needs. Please contact us by telephone for this arrangement as we cannot guarantee the postal/courier service will meet the deadlines required.
Other delivery charges may apply if you live elsewhere in the UK. Please contact us first for a delivery quote if you do not live in Mainland UK or your order may not be processed!
Testermans reserve the right to update and change prices and charges any time prior to acceptance of your order.
In the unlikely event that the price of an item has been incorrectly advertised on the website, Testermans will usually contact you to ask whether you wish to proceed with your order at the correct price. If you are not happy to proceed, or Testermans is unable to obtain your instructions, we will cancel your order and any sum debited by us will be refunded in the same payment method as you paid. If you paid by card, we can only refund to the same card you paid with. Testermans will not be obliged to supply products at incorrect prices.
Orders for Online Sales, Promotions and Purchases
You may see promotions advertised throughout the website and we ask you to follow the on-screen prompts. These promotions can be for a limited time only and any promotions will have terms and conditions stipulated. We reserve the right to cancel promotions without notice.
All orders placed are subject to acceptance by us. Testermans may choose not to accept your order for any reason and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances. On any such occasion we will e-mail you to make you aware as soon as it is possible to do so.
You will receive an e-mail, once your order is in process detailing your order reference and details of the product(s) you have ordered. Please note that this e-mail is an acknowledgement only and is not an acceptance of your order.
Although we endeavour to keep a stock of all items advertised on the website, occasionally products you order may not be available or discontinued by a manufacturer. If this happens, we will contact you to ask what you would like to cancel the order, wait for restock or choose an alternative item. In the event of a cancellation any sum debited by Testermans will be refunded via the same payment method.
Guarantees / Warranties
Guarantees and Warranties on new stock may vary. All second hand/pre-used and ex-demo equipment will have a 3-month warranty from date of purchase unless specified otherwise.
Testermans now offer a unique seven-year warranty on products [listed on the website and Warranty card] purchased direct from Testermans Ltd, the only stipulations are as follows:
- The product must be registered with the manufacturer within four weeks of purchase
- The product must also be registered with Testermans within four weeks of purchase
- The product is returned to Testermans every 12 months for recalibration and service checks for which a nominal charge will be made.
Providing all the above conditions are followed then we will honour a seven-year warranty on your tester (not the battery, cables, probes, clips or other accessories) from the date of purchase by repairing or replacing your tester (at our discretion) should any manufacturing faults occur during the Warranty period. Please be aware that if the product is discontinued by the manufacturer, we will not be able to replace it but will offer an alternative.
Please note that this warranty only applies to the test unit and does not cover any accessories such as test leads, probes, clips, batteries, cases or any other associated accessory or product supplied with the tester.
The warranty does not cover any accidental damage or misuse by the user of the tester or damage incurred whilst in transit to our premises. the extended warranty only applies to purchases made in the UK.
Please fill in the warranty card provided with your tester once purchased. If it doesn’t have a warranty card it means that the tester doesn’t qualify for this warranty. Once completed you have the option to either send it to us via our free-post return service [Testermans return envelope included] or scan it & send it to our email: Warranty@Testermans.co.uk
Once we acknowledge receipt of your form we will contact you to confirm payment and that the Warranty is active.
All goods supplied by us shall remain Testermans property until paid for in full by you.
Testermans Calibration Service
Test equipment is usually dispatched within 3 full working days from receipt by Testermans although this time period may be extended. Weekends and bank holidays are not counted as working days. Your item will not be returned until your payment has cleared so please bear this in mind if you chose to pay by cheque.
If you have enclosed the incorrect payment you will be contacted to pay the difference. Your equipment will not be calibrated until the correct payment has been received by us. If you fail to pay the correct payment, your equipment will be returned to you at your cost and any payment you have made will be refunded to you less postage charges. We will not refund you if your tester fails the Calibration.
Testermans will not take responsibility for any equipment lost, stolen or damaged in transit whether using our delivery service or not, although we will do our best to assist should you wish to make a claim through the courier. It is recommended that you use a postal service with insurance to send in your equipment when not using our delivery service. Our delivery and collection service is available on working days. Testermans reserves the right to withdraw this offer and service at any time without notice.
Refund and Returns Policy
We accept the return of all items only if they are unused, unopened and in their original condition. Testermans will not be liable for any damage that occurs to items once they have been delivered to you. If you return goods, as detailed, within 7 working days, we will issue a full refund for the price you have paid for the item including any postage and packing charges issued by us if sent to a UK address.
You may also return items that have been sent to you as substitutes for items you have ordered if you were not made aware by us beforehand either verbally or in writing.
Any free items/gifts supplied to you must be returned with any items they are in conjunction with, if you are returning the purchased item/s for refund. You will not receive any refund for the monetary value of the free items/gifts. You may only keep the free items/gifts if agreed by us.
Software and CD / DVD Based Products
We are unable to accept any software whether digital download, CD or DVD based for refund. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check software compatibility. We cannot offer a refund for any unlock codes or keys for software and hardware once ordered.
You can return items if they are faulty. Please note we only accept returns of items that have been opened if they are faulty. Items will not be accepted as faulty if the fault or damage has occurred because of general wear and tear.
To Return an Item
Please contact us first. When you return the item please enclose a note giving the reason for the return and your details including your address, wrap the package securely and send the package to the address below. You must return the item in its original box (if any), with all warranty cards, licenses, manuals and accessories.
Please send the item via a courier or a recorded-delivery service and make sure the item is properly insured for its full value as it will be your responsibility if the items are lost or damaged in transit.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
If you have a discrepancy related to goods that we have sent to you, you must advise us upon receipt of the goods. Please call 01945 738112 and describe the discrepancy to a member of our team. We will then advise you on a resolution to the problem.
Cancelling an Order
Under the United Kingdom’s Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item within seven working days of delivery.
For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service. Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty.
If we do not receive the item back from you, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost. You should be aware that once we begin the delivery process, you will not be able to cancel any contract you have with us for services carried out by us (for example, postage and packing). As soon as we receive notice of your cancellation of your order, we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for the item/s if the item/s has not already been dispatched to you. If it has been dispatched, we will refund you once the item has been returned to us.
Any complaints regarding our goods or services can be made in writing to us at the address below.
For returns and complaints, our address is:
DATA PROTECTION INTRODUCTION
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Testermans take the privacy of all our users and customers very seriously. Testermans is committed to providing you with a personalised service which meets your requirements and protects your privacy.
This privacy notice provides you with everything you need to know on how we collect your personal data through your use of our website www.testermans.co.uk
We do not share or sell our customer data with any entity inside or outside of the UK. The exception is where we are required by law or court order to provide personal data to a third party.
The GDPR sets out seven key principles:
Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- We have identified an appropriate lawful basis (or bases) for our processing
- If we are processing special category data or criminal offence data (Some of our staff are DBS checked as a requirement of their role), we have identified a condition for processing this type of data
- We don’t do anything generally unlawful with personal data.
- We have considered how the processing may affect the individuals concerned and can justify any adverse impact
- We only handle people’s data in ways they would reasonably expect, or we can explain why any unexpected processing is justified
- We do not deceive or mislead people when we collect their personal data.
- We are open and honest and comply with the transparency obligations of the right to be informed.
- We have clearly identified our purpose or purposes for processing
- We have documented those purposes
- We include details of our purposes in our privacy information for individuals
- We regularly review our processing and, where necessary, update our documentation and our privacy information for individuals
- If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose other than a legal obligation or function set out in law, we check that this is compatible with our original purpose or we get specific consent for the new purpose.
- We only collect personal data we actually need for our specified purposes
- We have sufficient personal data to properly fulfil those purposes
- We periodically review the data we hold and delete anything we don’t need.
- We ensure the accuracy of any personal data we create.
- We have appropriate processes in place to check the accuracy of the data we collect, and we record the source of that data.
- We have a process in place to identify when we need to keep the data updated to properly fulfil our purpose, and we update it as necessary.
- If we need to keep a record of a mistake, we clearly identify it as a mistake.
- Our records clearly identify any matters of opinion, and where appropriate whose opinion it is and any relevant changes to the underlying facts.
- We comply with the individual’s right to rectification and carefully consider any challenges to the accuracy of the personal data.
- As a matter of good practice, we keep a note of any challenges to the accuracy of the personal data.
- We know what personal data we hold and why we need it
- We carefully consider and can justify how long we keep personal data
- We have a policy with standard retention periods where possible, in line with documentation obligations
- We regularly review our information and erase or anonymise personal data when we no longer need it
- We have appropriate processes in place to comply with individuals’ requests for erasure under ‘the right to be forgotten’
- We clearly identify any personal data that we need to keep for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes.
Integrity and Confidentiality (Security)
- We undertake an analysis of the risks presented by our processing and use this to assess the appropriate level of security we need to put in place
- When deciding what measures to implement, we take account of the state of the art and costs of implementation.
- We have an information security policy (or equivalent) and take steps to make sure the policy is implemented
- Where necessary, we have additional policies and ensure that controls are in place to enforce them
- We make sure that we regularly review our information security policies and measures and, where necessary, improve them
- We have put in place basic technical controls such as those specified by established frameworks like Cyber Essentials
- We understand that we may also need to put other technical measures in place depending on our circumstances and the type of personal data we process
- We use encryption and/or pseudonymisation where it is appropriate to do so
- We understand the requirements of confidentiality, integrity and availability for the personal data we process
- We make sure that we can restore access to personal data in the event of any incidents, such as by establishing an appropriate backup process
- We conduct regular testing and reviews of our measures to ensure they remain effective, and act on the results of those tests where they highlight areas for improvement
- Where appropriate, we implement measures that adhere to an approved code of conduct or certification mechanism
- We ensure that any data processor we use also implements appropriate technical and organisational measures.
We take responsibility for complying with the GDPR, at the highest management level and throughout our organisation and keep evidence of the steps we take to comply with the GDPR.
We put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures, such as:
- adopting and implementing data protection policies (where proportionate);
- taking a ‘data protection by design and default’ approach – putting appropriate data protection measures in place throughout the entire lifecycle of our processing operations;
- putting written contracts in place with organisations that process personal data on our behalf;
- maintaining documentation of our processing activities;
- implementing appropriate security measures;
- recording and, where necessary, reporting personal data breaches;
- carrying out data protection impact assessments for uses of personal data that are likely to result in high risk to individuals’ interests;
- appointing a data protection officer (where necessary); and
- adhering to relevant codes of conduct and signing up to certification schemes (where possible).
We review and update our accountability measures at appropriate intervals.
Testermans Ltd is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
What information we collect from you?
At Testermans we are dedicated to providing you with a full range of services, we may collect information about you from a number of sources when you communicate with us, including from our website, Social media, from written information you have sent to us and from other communications. This may also include information from publicly available sources such as the electoral register.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics and search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
If we need to process any data, which is categorised under the Data Protection Act 2018 as “sensitive” we will always ask for your explicit consent. Data is categorised as sensitive if it relates to the following:
1.1 information as to racial or ethnic origin of the data subject;
1.2 their religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature;
1.3 political opinion;
1.4 whether they are a member of a trade union;
1.5 their sexual life;
1.6 the commission or alleged commission by them of any offence; or
1.7 any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by them, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may also supply your information to third parties when required to do so by law, including police, other law enforcement agencies and HM Revenue and Customs.
How we may communicate with you.
It is our legitimate interest to send you marketing communications.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if
- You agreed to receive marketing communications or you are a limited company of which we may send you marketing emails without your consent unless you opt-out of receiving marketing emails from use
- You have asked for information about goods or services or you have made a purchase/transaction with us.
Any data we collect is solely for our own use and will not be shared or sold to any third parties for marketing purposes. You can opt-out of receiving our communications by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Opt-Out option at the bottom of our emails.
Opting-out does not apply to personal data provided via other transactions, such as purchases, calibrations, warranty registrations etc. as this information is retained for the period of the Warranty and to meet legislative requirements.
Protection of your information
We ensure strict security measures are in place to protect your information which may include physical or technological protection to prevent data from being lost or edited without authorised access.
Cookies and Email
We use “cookies” to collect information on how you use our site. Cookies enable you quick access to our site and are stored on your computer. You can prevent automatic acceptance of cookies by amending the settings on your browser.
Under the data protection act, you have the right to access your data and to correct, erase, restrict and transfer any of your personal information at no expense. Although there may be a fee if your request is repetitive or excessive.
In order for you to access your personal information, we will need specific information from you as a security measure to help us confirm your identity.
To understand more about your data rights please follow this link:
In order to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements we will keep your personal data for as long as needed.
We evaluate data by its sensitivity, nature and potential risk of harm from unauthorised access to assess the amount of time we will keep data. In some circumstances, we may make your personal data anonymous for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Accuracy of your data
We aim to ensure all data we keep about you as a customer is accurate. You can check information we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com